Warrior Class Elite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Warrior Class Elite

Warrior Class Elite..we are the new Black!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Dark Orbit  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» wage system and level up bonus
Why "Out Of Range" ALWAYS Means You Are Hitting Your Target Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 5:23 pm by CYBERWOLF[WCE]

» how to solo bk's with minimal effort
Why "Out Of Range" ALWAYS Means You Are Hitting Your Target Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 12:41 am by porcelainbowl87

» for death get your monry out lol
Why "Out Of Range" ALWAYS Means You Are Hitting Your Target Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 7:22 pm by CYBERWOLF[WCE]

» what do you guys think
Why "Out Of Range" ALWAYS Means You Are Hitting Your Target Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 5:15 am by glory-hunter

» •ΛŁI•
Why "Out Of Range" ALWAYS Means You Are Hitting Your Target Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 4:38 pm by glory-hunter

» Why "Out Of Range" ALWAYS Means You Are Hitting Your Target
Why "Out Of Range" ALWAYS Means You Are Hitting Your Target Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 7:33 pm by CYBERWOLF[WCE]

» confight settins for leggin it and fighting
Why "Out Of Range" ALWAYS Means You Are Hitting Your Target Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 10:10 pm by glory-hunter

» deathstar new ships
Why "Out Of Range" ALWAYS Means You Are Hitting Your Target Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 12:31 am by CYBERWOLF[WCE]

» clans wanting alliance with [ШСΞ] Шarrior Class Ξlite
Why "Out Of Range" ALWAYS Means You Are Hitting Your Target Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 10:47 pm by CYBERWOLF[WCE]

Top posters
CYBERWOLF[WCE]
Why "Out Of Range" ALWAYS Means You Are Hitting Your Target Vote_lcapWhy "Out Of Range" ALWAYS Means You Are Hitting Your Target Voting_barWhy "Out Of Range" ALWAYS Means You Are Hitting Your Target Vote_rcap 
Adey
Why "Out Of Range" ALWAYS Means You Are Hitting Your Target Vote_lcapWhy "Out Of Range" ALWAYS Means You Are Hitting Your Target Voting_barWhy "Out Of Range" ALWAYS Means You Are Hitting Your Target Vote_rcap 
Admin
shaster
glory-hunter[CB]
glory-hunter
happy
rang20300
undeadmith
BIGB::WARRIOR
Statistics
We have 31 registered users
The newest registered user is brehert

Our users have posted a total of 704 messages in 142 subjects

Why "Out Of Range" ALWAYS Means You Are Hitting Your Target

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CYBERWOLF[WCE]

Why "Out Of Range" ALWAYS Means You Are Hitting Your Target Empty
PostSubject: Why "Out Of Range" ALWAYS Means You Are Hitting Your Target   Why "Out Of Range" ALWAYS Means You Are Hitting Your Target Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 7:33 pm

One of the most common confusions I hear, even among experienced players, is the meaning of the "Out of Range" message that appears at the top left corner of your screen.

Most people think it means they are missing their target and must get closer.

That is absolutely wrong.

When you see that message, you are hitting your target.

Every single time. Especially if it keeps repeating over and over again.

Clear?

What "Out Of Range" Really Means

The message "out of range" really means that your missiles are not hitting your target. This message ONLY appears, though when your lasers ARE hitting and your missles are NOT hitting.

Watch your ammunition count closely. You will see that as long as the "out of range" message appears, your laser ammo will drop, but your missile ammo will stay the same.

How To Use the "Out Of Range" Message

Personally, I find the message incredibly useful.

Most of the time I do NOT want it to appear. I want to be close enough to my target so that both missiles and lasers are both hitting. I make sure this is happenening by watching my ship to see the missles periodically flying off my ship. I no longer even try to watch for the lasers, because of the bug that usually hides the laser fire.

Sometimes I WANT my missiles to miss. When I am circling a large group of aliens, circling uber aliens, or attacking an enemy ship from the edge of my range, I watch for the "Out of Range" message.

Once that message appears, I KNOW I am hitting my target. Success! Sometimes I want to stay at the very edge of my range, even if the missiles do NOT hit my target. I try to stay at that distance, so that the "Out of Range" message starts to scroll down my screen. If I get a little too close, the missiles will start flying from my ship, and I back off away until I see "Out of Range" again.

What Does It Mean When "Out of Range" Disappears?

If you see "out of range" on your screen, and then it disappears, one of two things have happened:

1. You have gotten within missile range, and missiles started firing
  2. You have gotten outside laser range, and nothing is firing
The ironic part is this: when "out of range" appears, you KNOW you are in laser range. When the message disappears, you are either fully within range, or completely out of range with all your weapons.

You Only Get This Message If You Fire Rockets

A quick note: you only see this message if you are firing rockets. Some players do not, but I always use either an AROL-X auto-rocket launcher or I hold down my spacebar to fire rockets continuously.

If you prefer to play without rockets, ignore this post.
Back to top Go down

Why "Out Of Range" ALWAYS Means You Are Hitting Your Target
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Class Elite :: In Game :: In Game news & issues-
Jump to: